Member training & support
ASWB member services include:
- A total of 78 regulators attended New Board Member Training in 2019.
- ASWB presented a live webinar in September for new social work regulatory board chairs. The three-session series combined video clips featuring advice and insight from members of the ASWB Board of Directors, a live presentation from CEO Mary Jo Monahan and Senior Director of Member Services and Strategic Initiatives Jennifer Henkel, and real-time discussion among the 20 participants.
- Held twice a year in conjunction with the ASWB Education Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Delegate Assembly, Board Member Exchange brings together regulators to discuss common concerns.
- Board administrators gather for the Administrators Forum twice a year before the ASWB Education Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Delegate Assembly to discuss regulatory challenges and successes.
- In 2019, the Member Services and Strategic Initiatives department consulted with regulators on topics such as clinical supervision standards, licensure by endorsement, and independent and private practice.