Strengthen leadership for the future
Review/revise ASWB Board governance procedures and structures
- Increasing the size of the ASWB Board of Directors from eight to 11 and adding two seats on the Nominating Committee increased the representation of membership and added to the diversity of leadership at the table.
- The ASWB Board of Directors August Retreat focused on clearly defining the ASWB governance culture, strategically transitioning to a more complex Board structure, and welcoming new leaders to the ASWB Board of Directors following their election at the Annual Meeting of the Delegate Assembly.
- ASWB’s Bylaws and Resolutions Committee proposed term limits for service on the Board of Directors and clarifying the role of Office of President by combining terms of president-elect, president, and past president. Delegates unanimously adopted the proposed amendments at the annual meeting.
Create avenues for enhancing leadership knowledge and skills of member boards
- A leadership orientation was held at ASWB’s Annual Meeting to increase members’ awareness of opportunities within ASWB.
- ASWB Board of Directors members attended the Federation of Associations of Regulatory Boards (FARB) Forum in Clearwater Beach, Florida, and the FARB Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C.
- ASWB Board of Directors members attended the Citizens Advocacy Center’s annual conference.